YOU AND RUSM
- How does RUSM specifically compare to US medical schools?
First-time pass rate on USMLE® Step 1 exam in 2017 RUSM 94%
Residencies: The majority of our graduates secure residencies through the National Resident Matching Program® (NRMP).
- In 2018, more than 627 RUSM graduates earned US and Canadian residencies.
- Our graduates match into residencies at some of the most prestigious teaching hospitals and leading medical centers in the US.
- What is the makeup of your faculty and staff?
- Our faculty and administration are a diverse group that has come to RUSM from the US, Canada, the UK, and many countries in Asia and other parts of the world. All RUSM faculty members hold a medical and/or doctorate degree, and many are also board certified in their specialties.
- What is the makeup of the student body?
- Most of our students are from the U.S. and Canada.
- What kind of commitment does RUSM expect?
- While we would love for you to spend your career with us we do understand that island living is not for everyone. We hope that you would be able to stay for a minimum of 2 years to make an impact on our students and to truly gain an international experience. Our benefits package does provide for relocation and repatriation assistance to help you in this transition, but to learn more about the specifics please contact a talent acquisition consultant.
YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
- Will I have a chance to visit the school and Barbados before deciding about a job?
- Yes, if you qualify for an interview, RUSM will pay for you and one relocating spouse/partner or family member to see and experience everyday life in Barbados.
In addition to multiple interviews, you’ll have plenty of opportunities while you’re here to interact with students and meet informally, over lunches and dinners, with potential colleagues.
You’ll also have a chance to tour shopping, housing, schools, and activity options.
- Will my spouse be able to find a job?
- There may be many opportunities within or outside of RUSM in Barbados. Many volunteer around the island and enjoy and active island life.
- How easily and often can I visit family and friends off island?
- We recognize how important it is to visit family and friends, and provide a generous travel allowance and time off.
- What kind of health care is available?
- There are local hospitals and clinics, which can handle a wide range of standard health problems. But for serious health needs, RUSM provides medical evacuation to the most appropriate facility.
- What are some of the benefits provided to expatriates?
- RUSM offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package to our expatriates. Benefits may vary depending on the length of the assignment. To learn about our benefits, please contact a talent acquisition consultant.